Many college seniors and grad students will be walking across the stage this month and next. What better way to greet them to the big bad world than to tell them how time/money-wasting its been to further their education!
In Newsweek’s latest issue, they gave us the rundown of the top 10 most useless diplomas to have to your name. They ran the numbers to determine which majors are the least lucrative, taking into account career salary levels and numbers of jobs available. Take a look at which fields don’t pay:
- Journalism <— yup that’s me! Good thing there’s always Advertising!
- Horticulture <— not surprised
- Agriculture <— wait, isn’t that the same as horticulture?
- Advertising <—oh, crap.
- Fashion design <—whew, good thing Project Runway never worked in inspiring failed fashion designer hopes
- Child and family studies <—that’s just kinda sad
- Music <—Glee kids, don’t follow your dreams if you don’t want to live in poverty
- Mechanical-engineering technology <—suck it, nerds! (Yes, I’m bitter my major is No.1)
- Chemistry <—see above
- Nutrition <—well duh, clearly, America is the healthiest country on the planet and we don’t need your help